Monday, February 11, 2008

Work with a capital W.

Yesterday was a bit of a non-starter. I read the papers, I had a shower, I went shopping. M is buying me a new printer for my birthday. There's nothing wrong with my old printer apart from the fact that it doesn't have a clue in hell what Windows Vista is and won't let me do a lot of things. I'm sure there is some file on some website that I can download but it seemed easier to get a new printer. Seriously. Well, it did on my head. And I did get a new printer and it looks pretty spiffy (it's still in its box) but it seemed to wipe me out for the rest of the day and night. But then of course I went to bed at 11.00 and could not sleep for the life of me. I finished reading my book, I practised relaxation exercises, nothing.

So, now, today, I'm all half-asleep and not quite in the moment. And today is a day of Work with a capital W. Work. I'm going to start by doing a heap of submissions because I've been really slack with submissions this year. And for someone who has a motto of write, then submit, something has to change with that. So first submissions. And then I have to print out a whole heap of stuff and then I have to hook up my new printer.

Then I have to do a rewrite on The Cleaning Station … and if there's any time left over, I'll think of something else to do.

No comments: