Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why does everything


 

take so much longer than I think they are going to take? Case in point. Thought I would quickly revise a ten minute play No Fish, No Father before I sent it to a couple of festivals. Quick. That was the aim. Two hours later, quick had most definitely left the building in a flurry of disgust as I struggled to rewrite half a page. HALF A PAGE!!! Jesus. Yes, I know, patience is the key to all things. And it did get done and I did get it off to three places. But come on people. I mean seriously.

What makes this worse is that all I've been reading is stuff that usually gets me into high gear work mode where I just churn out stuff. You want to know what this stuff is? Don't really care if you don't. It's my blog and I'll make it as uninteresting and self-obsessed as I feel necessary. Well, what I do is read stories of people who are way more successful than I am and then I guilt myself into working harder. Oh, what a shrink would do with this. I can see them licking their lips and planning the extension on the beach house. But it's not beating myself up despite the roars of protest. It's just plain old arrogance. If they can do it, I can do it. A good does of ego painted in ugly colours by arrogance gets work done. And no shrink is going to tell me different. While I didn't get as much done as I thought, it still got done. And I had a wild look in my eye while I was doing it.

I also started printing everything I could think of to use up the ink in my old printer before I change over to my new printer. I have this huge pile beside me and there is still ink left. If anyone needs anything to print, send it my way. I'm fast running out of stuff.

No comments: