Sunday, February 3, 2008

What Happens Next

Well, the birthday celebrations were as great as I needed them to be. And the restaurant we went to last night was superb. Even if best friend and husband were an hour late. But now it's on to the business of writing.

I work temp jobs in order to supply funds to my writing addiction and I've managed to almost have enough money to get the month of February off. So I'm taking the month of February off. Now, I just have to get some writing done.

I have so many projects and so many opportunities I want to apply for, I tend to become lost in the miasma I create for myself. Or – and this is the one I do a lot – I try to do too many things at once or I try to set myself too many goals for any given period and then get all down on myself for not getting it all done.

But that's NOT what I'm going to do for the next month. I'm going to get things done. Specifically, I want to get work done on two projects. One is the play I'm writing with J, The Cleaning Station. I spent two days last week getting the plan down in note form so now I have to get the plan typed up and then write the next draft.

The second project is a full-length play called Good World. I've had this project in the back of my head and in scribbled notes for a very long time. Too long. So now it's time to get it written. Well, at least a first draft. I inadvertently did some work on it when I was writing my application to the Blue Mountain Center. So now I've got a clearer idea of the sort of play I'm writing. I'm not sure if I should just dive straight in to the first draft and figure everything out later or do some preliminary work. Mmm.

First things first is to get the plan of The Cleaning Station into some sort of workable document. That's the goal for the next couple of days.

No comments: