Monday, February 4, 2008

How to not write your way to writing

Things we do not to write.

  1. Read about other people's successes and guilt myself into writing.
  2. Can't write until the house, garden, neighbourhood, world is tidy.
  3. Can't write until all the errands are done.
  4. Can't write while next door neighbour is playing show tunes at hideous levels.
  5. Can't write until pilates/legalised torture exercise is done.
  6. Can't write until I'm clean.

Well, happy to report that I managed to do/avoid all of the above and still managed to get some writing done. I got about six pages of the new plan for The Cleaning Station done last night. And even though I haven't thought about it for a couple of days, it all came back to me and then some. I'm really starting to like it and all the characters are starting to find connections with each other.

I'm going to get some work done on it this morning and then I'm off to cheap movies on Monday. Going to see Charlie Wilson's War and No Country for Old Men and then it's back home and off to aqua aerobics and then hopefully get some more done. I would love to get it finished today but that may be a little over the top. I am trying to learn to be realistic – What? You mean I'm not a superhero? Damn you all. - so I'll just put the time in and see what we get.

No comments: