Saturday, February 16, 2008

Onwards and Upwards

Have finally finished this draft of The Cleaning Station and sent it off to J. it's a great feeling. But unfortunately unable to rest on own laurels. There is a short story competition that closes in about two weeks and first prize is worth $10,000. While I haven't written a short story in forever, this is the year that I'm going to make some money so I'm not going to let this one pass me by. $10,000 is five months off writing. $10,000 is a trip to New York. I've got an idea of what I want to do for the short story so I'm going to sit down this morning and try and get some sort of first draft written.

In other news, have just recently got into the show Entourage. Jeremy Piven is a genius. How can someone so awful be so likeable? And Ari is pretty awful. Just look at the face of his wife. Could she be more horrified at how her life turned out? I'm only up to the second season but it's immensely watchable.

No comments: