Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And more and more and more

I had a great day writing yesterday. Finished the first draft of the short story and also managed to get out about 6 pages on the new play. The problem is that I can't just leave the short story fester. The first draft was hard but the second draft is going to be harder. And then the third, fourth … AH!

On the other hand, the first draft of the new play, Good World, is just spilling out. They all seem to have found their voices at the moment and all want to have long chats with each other. Could I ask for more?

Of course, as much as I did yesterday and it would be around the 6-7,000 word mark, there is still a HEAP of things I still have to do that haven't got near. Grants mostly, that are weighing on my mind. And a rewrite of the play that is going up in November. I got some great notes from a theatre company that was interested and I want to try and incorporate some of them before I send it out to get some money for the production. Is their ever an end to all of this? No, seriously, I'm asking. Will their ever be a three week block in my life where I think, let's go on a real holiday, let's go see things and do nothing? Doubt it. Enough whinging. Back to work.

No comments: