Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brave and Noble Heroes

Feeling very good this morning as I sit on my couch and watch our prime minister say 'SORRY' for past injustices to our indigenous people. It was just amazing. Even though that's not the right word. It was … I don't want to say profound but it was. I thought I would never see it. I didn't think we would ever have a leader that was brave enough to do it. People don't get to use these words very often in the world that we live in but it was noble, it was right, it was brave, and it was historic. I hope that this act changes things. I hope that Prime Minister Rudd's words regarding moving forward, creating an equal future, are not just words. As cynical as I had become under John Howard's leadership, there still burns a glimmer of hope that we can live in a world, we can live in a country where injustice and inequality become archaic words packed up into history and not needed to explain our lives and the world we live in. Well done Mr Rudd. Today, you get to play my hero.

No comments: