Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Oh, Snap

Well, yesterday, I finally snapped a tendon in the part of my brain that controls sanity and said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. No more mid-life crisis, no more weirdness, no more being treated like crap. So I called it quits and said today is my last day. And thankfully someone took me seriously and that was that. Walked out at 5 and am not going back. He didn't even do anything so terrible yesterday. Except there was one phone call message asking if my phone was working and if I was 'hoarding' the phone messages. That was pretty much the moment when I heard the snap.

Oddly enough, I think that mid-life crisis guy might be the turning point. I feel as though I have a few weeks to make something happen. Maybe not actually happen but start the wheels in motion because these cash jobs are doing my head in.

Today though, while it would be nice to have a day off, I actually have to write a grant application so the director girl S is coming over and we're going to bang it out over lunch. I also am going to do some work on Act Two of Good World and check over a short play that I made some corrections to on the weekend. And then maybe I'll do some other stuff. Like go for a walk, do some thinking, get myself a plan.

No comments: