Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby steps

I’ve decided to be positive today. I’ve decided that mid-life crisis guy is not going to bother me today. And I’m not going to spend the day bored out of my skull.

I made a good start on the new rewriting process last night and found some interesting insights into the characters which I think is going to serve as the subtext fro the play. How fear is passed on from generation to generation. I pretty much got the backstory down for the father of the two sisters in the play and this will be explored through the first act. When everything changes at the end of act one so does the focus of the subtext. And then we learn about the mother. Interesting? One can only hope.

The next step is to work out the backstory for Leila and the incident that happened to her that places her at the point where the play begins. I know what happened, I just have to write it down. Work out the details.

Then it’s on to Frances and Stephen and what happened to them to get them to the same point. I’m hoping to have all this done in the next few days. I’m sorry? Did I just hear a whip being cracked?

No comments: