Thursday, March 13, 2008

When I grow up I want to be Siri Hustvedt

……….

I was going to write that yesterday was a black out day. Not much was done and I was so tired that I had to take myself to bed at about 10.30 in the morning and didn't wake up to about 1.00 and therefore the day was kinda all over the place. But I did manage to get 10 pages of my new play Chalk Street Express written and so now only needs a conclusion so that I can chuck it into the mail by tomorrow and while I didn't finish the first draft of the one-act play which has gone back to being nameless, I know that the characters are heading for the end and I'm pretty clear about what happens to at least one of them at the end. So, that's okay right?

And I finished Sorrows of an American by Siri Hustvedt which is an amazing book. I got into Siri after falling magically in love with her husband, Paul Auster, and now I fight an urge to turn up to their Brooklyn pad and ask them to adopt me. When I grow up, I'd like to be Siri Hustvedt.

This morning I'm going to finish both the new 10 minute play and the one act play and then I'm going to start typing the one hundred and two things in my notebook which need to get from pen to laptop and then I'm going to rewrite Chalk Street Express and then I'm going out to dinner and then …. Here's a fun game for you all. Pick out all the things that Shannon won't get to. Go on, I dare you.

No comments: