Friday, March 21, 2008

Thanks Jesus

Well, I've got four days off (thanks Jesus!) and I've managed to successfully procrastinate the first morning away – well I was reading a good book – so now it's time to get cracking and get The Cleaning Station in to some sort of order.

As this is my first time co-writing anything I'm going to try and blog about the process. This will mostly be for me so that next time I do it, I don't freak out and can reread this and go, oh well, it worked out so wonderfully the first time it can't help but work this time. Positive thinking man. Peace out to all of you. Spread the love and whatnot.

For a quick update:

  • J and I decided that we were going to write a play together. This seemed like a marvellous idea and thus we proceeded forth like Hansel and Gretel searching for the gingerbread house.
  • J came up with the idea that we would both tackle the theme The Cleaning Station – as in the marine concept where fish go and get cleaned off before they go back out into battle.
  • J and I go to Hothouse Theatre for a week and work on our plays.
  • We work and rework our plays.
  • Now we have two plays that need to become one à enter the delightful Shannon and her scissors and red pen.

So that's where we are now. I'm going to start by slowly reading through both plays once. No notes. No nothing. Then I'm going to read them through again and make notes about the characters, how to mess with the narrative, thoughts about how to put it all together. Then … well, that's for the next blog.


 

No comments: