Sunday, March 2, 2008

Rewrites

Well, in between tidying up my pigsty house and dealing with a hangover and washing clothes so that everyone has clean undies come Monday morning and doing battle at the Saigon Markets to get a kilo and a half of prawns for dinner, I managed to rewrite about 10 pages of One Cloud which I think clarifies some points in it.

The problem with doing rewrites is that there is a great chance that you are going to fuck the whole thing entirely. These new rewrites are in response to some feedback I got from a theatre. And the notes made complete sense but now it's trying to meld them into what I thought was a pretty highly structured piece. But I think these new bits make it all a little clearer. I wasn't planning to do any rewrites until about June/July but that's the way this goes.

Now that that is done, it is on to writing up the grant application that is due tomorrow. God … Onwards, onwards, onwards.

No comments: