Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back again

Again, with the slackness. I won't go into the exhaustion and sheer comatose behaviour that has been the effect of the day job. ENOUGH WITH THE DAY JOB! It's really not that exciting.

Highlight of the past week and a bit:

  • Had my picture taken for the Port Phillip Leader for the launch of the Theatreworks season. Had to get from the city to St Kilda, get the picture snapped then hightail it back to the city to get back to work.


     

  • Have nearly finished the first draft of a one-act play which is going to be called Shambolic Aphrodisiac … I think. It's been an interesting process. All I knew was that it was set in an empty restaurant and looked like a blind date. From those humble beginnings it has slowly morphed itself into some sort of morality tale about forgiveness and hearing both sides of the story. Strange. And for the last two nights I have been trying to get to an ending and have yet to make that happen. Today, today, today.


     

  • Went to a staged reading here on Sunday afternoon. It's part of a brilliant program that I was a part of last year called the Emerging Playwrights Program where new plays get staged readings and feedback and food at the end of it. I love it when there is food at the end of it. However, the play we went to see was not the greatest thing in the world and even though the playwright said it was the 9th draft it seemed more like a first draft. No one needs to hear a first draft read out. No one. I hope that this doesn't stop people from going to see the next ones. Theatre has always been a hit and miss kind of thing.


     

  • Have the launch of the Theatreworks season tonight … and I have to make a speech! Must really think about what I'm going to say. And see if there is something I have that I can wear.


     

That's it. Not much. Not much at all. Lots more to do in the next few weeks. I'm trying to get two new 10 minute plays written in the next few days, finish off the one-act and get started on putting The Cleaning Station together. Oh no, easy, easy.

No comments: