Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rock on

Back to the dreaded cash job tomorrow but with hopes of a trip to the Big Apple sometime this year, I am looking at this as a means to an end or an unnecessary evil or something that I have to get through in order to get to that beautiful shiny place.

With the prospect of more money coming in, there was an overwhelming need to go spend some. And spend I did. But on good things, not things I will look at in a few weeks with the exclamation WTF? I bought myself a seat in Robert McKee's Story seminar because I need to do more of these things. Important, career things or some such nonsense. 11 hours a day for 3 days. I don't do anything for 11 hours a day except sometimes sleep. Sounds like fun ... or some such nonsense.

Have also declared after two weeks that my new method of getting writing done is an unqualified success and someone should give me an award of some sort. Productivity has now become my bitch. I couldn't be happier.

Finished the next short play which was to be called Heart but was pipped at the post by Act Accordingly. Done, sent off, onto the next thing , which is ... a new play based on an old play which I wrote for NIDA back in 2005 and tried to squeeze it into a ten minute play but failed so miserably I'm still licking my wounds but I persevere. I think it's going to be around the 40 minute mark. And it's better than anything I came up with at NIDA.

Rockin it? You betcha.

No comments: