Thursday, January 8, 2009

The end of an era

Sad news. Our beloved goldfish Kevin gave up the ghost and travelled upwards to the big goldfish pond in the sky. M and I are devastated. Absolutely devastated. We had this fish for a year and a half. We loved him more than was healthy to love a fish. A five dollar fish at that. M and I sat around for a long time trying to comfort ourselves, telling ourselves what a good fish he was and whatnot. It was all a bit naff if you weren't a part of it all.

I woke up yesterday and went out to the living room. Before I could remember I said "Hi Kev" as I do every morning. All that was there was an empty goldfish bowl. It was the saddest thing I ever saw. I know, I know, it's a goddamn goldfish. I get it. But it was Kev. And Kev was no ordinary goddamn goldfish and you weren't there so you don't know.

So I hightailed it down to the market and bought Little Sam who is very cute and never stops moving. Unlike Kev.

No comments: