Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stuff, soldiers, yelling and screaming

I still have my cold. I've downed a gazillion cold and flu tablets by a significant name brand and can I just say this … It has not been as easy as the ads would have you believe to soldier on. Not easy at all. But soldier on I have people. Soldier on I have. Yesterday, I finished Act One of the grown up play which at the moment is called New Light Shine even though when I told the boyfriend creature he gave me one of those "you are hurting my brain with those crazy words. Please, please stop". He'll get over it … or have an aneurism. Either way, the title is staying for the time being.

Today I rewrote a short play which is now called Sugar … oh, stop with your damn whinging. They're my plays, I call them whatever I damn want. I'm pretty happy with it but that's because it's tucked up tight in my notebook and I haven't reread it or typed it up yet.

Have also been working on my application for Hedgebrook residency who make out like they hate me … mainly because they keep rejecting me but deep down I know they just don't know how to adequately show their love. It has to be postmarked by tomorrow so that's probably what I will be working on until I hand over the GDP of a not so small African country to send it to the ends of the earth, or some rural part of Washington.

I've also managed to get Good World out and about to various theatres and had one tiny bite so far which is quite impressive in my book.

Onwards and upwards people … I swear to god, I hear one more word out of you and I'm spending the night reading random words from my very big dictionary. And then I'm going to whack you with it.

No comments: