Saturday, December 13, 2008

What’s up?

My plan for the next little while is to do a series of posts regarding my experience with Australian theatre against what I have experienced working with American theatre. Biased? You bet, but it's my blog and I'll do what the fuck I want.

I don't know exactly what I'm going to write or if I can find a way to say something slightly intelligent but I think it's an important discussion to be having … if only with myself.

I'm also going to be posting a series of lists about where I'm up to with my work – more as a motivational tool. Basically I'm drowning in drafts. Especially of short plays that seem to take up more space than a short play ever should. And they are all in various states of disrepair. I've come to the conclusion that disrepair is not conducive to an active writing life. It's hard to get excited by something when you know you've got a hundred other things clamouring for a bit of attention, a bit of a rewrite, a bit of spit and polish. Clearing the decks people. That is what is going on around here.

In other news, I'm writing a screenplay. I'm about 40 pages (maybe a bit less) into it and I'm really starting to like it. It's all over the place but when isn't it? It's about a woman in her late 30s that tries to do something spectacular with her life. At the moment it's called Definitely Beautiful.

No comments: