Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blank paper

Further, to previous post, I have been writing screenplay at cash job in a notebook. It's small, so terribly small, but somehow has helped in the writing process. It got me to thinking, does what we write on affect what we write. The spiral notebook, which is 300 pages and so 600 pages double-sided is not so much blank paper to fill. I like this – so much so that I went out and bought five more of the things yesterday – because no matter how shit I feel, or how much I don't want to do this, I can coerce myself into it by saying well, it's only this much. And that's not much at all. You can fill that page. Look, you just did it. You did it without thinking, why not flip it over and fill the next one, and the next one. And yes, trust me, it really is that pathetic.

I don't know how it will all look when it's typed up and whatnot, but for now, I can honestly say, I'm nearly 600 pages down on my screenplay. Nice.

No comments: