Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lists

Short Plays

I've written a whole heap of short plays. Or, I should say, I've begun a whole heap of short plays. There's pages of dialogue everywhere with sticky notes on them saying things like "turn into 10 minute play" or "did I write this at some point for a ten minute play?" Deep down, I think I'm waiting for the writing fairy to come along when I'm sleeping and finish them off for me. But that fucking fairy is yet to turn up so I guess I have to do the work myself.

I've gone through all the viable 10 minute plays that need something done to them and divided them into three lists. Lists are good. Lists look like you know what you are doing, that you have a plan and things will turn out happy in the end. So …

List One

Short plays that need minor rewrite/tweaks.

  • Sugar
  • Normal is the Enemy
  • Ordinary Tuesday
  • Night declared Day
  • Darkness Cut
  • Ignorance
  • Breath

List Two

Short Plays that need another complete draft

  • Love
  • Lost and Found
  • No Fish, No Father
  • For the Defence – Butterfly Evans
  • Cut the Lime
  • Morning Millicent

List Three

Short Plays that need to be written or rewritten completely

  • New Coffee Shop Play
  • People, Places, Things
  • Dead Man Speaks
  • Marcus & Sally Play
  • In the Blood
  • Sauce
  • Breakfast with Others

My plan is to tackle at least one from one of the lists per day, and get them done and dusted and into the past.

Wish me luck.

No comments: