Sunday, August 23, 2009

Progress

I've decided to try and erase the suckful from my life and to do this will now utilise a highly scientific instrument known as the Suck O Meter. This, of course, is the lay term. It's actually known as the Suckeratatus Ex Meter (yeah, you so know I know Latin).

Anyway, after that depressing post yesterday (which was true and my mood was moments away from sealing the gaps under the door and turning the gas oven up to 11) it's time to get things back into order. Or at least lower the dial on the Suck O Meter.

So I sent my other half to the pub (really, you must go. Drink lots of beers, yell at the football. Do it for me honey ... oh, okay. I really want to stay home and use a toothbrush to clean the grout in the bathroom but you know that I am here to support you in your writing anyway I can - I think this is what he said, he was halfway down the street at the time) and shut off the radio, TV, laptop, anything that produces noise (I tried to send a SOS to God to do something about the roaring wind but like that bastard has ever helped a girl in need). I then jumped into bed with pen and pad and kicked out 20 pages of the new play. Yes, it's New Light Shine. Yes, I know I have been working on it forever and a day. Shut up Dad. These things take time. It's not an excuse to send me yet another application for law school.

Anyway, it made me feel like a million dollars and was able to unseal the gaps and cook a casserole in the gas oven. Rockin? You betcha. Would I liked to have got more done? Oh, how you know me so well.

Suck O Meter 4 (baby steps people)

No comments: