Monday, October 20, 2008

What’s with the no-show?

Oh, where have I been? I promise myself to be so good about this blogging thing. And when I'm doing it, I actually really like it. But then I don't do it. And I read blogs fanatically so I'm so into the whole blogging thing but just can't get into gear for my own. I'm sure that means something. I'm sure that shows insight into who I am and why I'm ridiculously unproductive but let's leave the psychology for someone else. This is supposed to be a theatre blog for fucks sake.

On that note, rehearsals for the epic are well under way and while there have been a few tough moments, it's actually going rather smoothly. The cast are fantastic – smart, good, hard-working and jumping into this with an enthusiasm I only expect from cult members. I'm so excited I could bust a lung. Seriously. I think it's going to be great. Either way it's happening and that's the most exciting thing in the world. I should stop praising myself … really, I should … anytime … soon. Promise.

I have spent the last couple of days getting the postcards done which look like this:


And I did it all myself. I know. I totally rock. I have a thing for doing my own images for plays. I didn't take the picture. That was the wonderful Marg Horwell who did all these amazing images. That's the lead, Kylie Trounson, in the picture. She's equally amazing. We are all amazing. Even the chocolate brownies I baked for rehearsals were amazing.

In other theatre news, I have been thinking about the other play, Good World, and have decided that while I thought I was done, I'm really not and there is a better play waiting for me to freakin write it. I spent three hours this morning just writing notes for it all and now I have to go write an outline. I have to go back to the cash job later this week so I'm going to write a plan of the new scenes so when I get home I can go "Right … scene blah blah and scene what the fuck tonight. Go!". I want to get it written rather quickly … because I want to enter it in this and win some money and get to New York. I really want to get to New York next year. And not just for a week. I want to go for like two months and just hang out. Be in New York. It's time. It's way past time. And I'm so going to win it … And there goes the praising myself. Little voice just piped up … Get your hand off it Murdoch. As if.

Perhaps we should turn this into a psychology blog.

No comments: