Wednesday, October 1, 2008

While I’ve been gone

Have been a touch absent in the last few days but that does not mean that things have not been progressing nicely.

Monday

Have had quite the productive day … for a Monday. 16 more pages on the grown-up full length which is phenomenal in anyone's book and if it's not, then there is something severely wrong with you and we've always thought it. I did other things as well but that was the high point.

Tuesday

Had to be up and in the city by 8.15 to meet with the publicist that is doing publicity things for the play that's going up in November. She was remarkably pleasant, in fact down right lovely, which is unheard of in a publicist and I only embarrassed myself once when I had to try and EXPLAIN my play at 8.15 in the morning. The worst strangulation of the English language did of course ensue. However, I soldiered on and after our meeting and seriously the best raison toast I've ever had at this place, I went to the City Library and stocked up on youth novels – oh yeah, I was going to do a blog post on that wasn't I? Anyway, decided books were the message of the day and headed off to Dymocks and Borders and bought way too much but they were bargains so it's all evened itself out … that's the way it works right? Came home and finished The Biographer by Virginia Duigan which is very good and everyone should go out and buy a copy right now and then almost finished Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer which is great, great fun … so much so, I promptly fell asleep and napped for the next two hours. Bliss!

Wednesday

Up and at it quite early this morning which makes me feel tired and productive all at the same time. Have rewritten short play to send across the ocean where they will find me brilliant and earth-shattering and want to love me forever.

Other things to do today … cancel a wedding invitation – have been putting it off for two day, bad, bad, bad … get together some information for aforementioned publicist … send plays off across the ocean … other stuff. Best get to it.

No comments: