Thursday, May 1, 2008

Progress report

So my beach side reverie has also proved to be quite productive also. Although, never productive enough because these things never are. BUT … I have finished the first draft of my screenplay which means I was a winner which felt very nice and made me feel like putting a nice big medal on my chest and parading it around. Which I didn't but there was definitely a moment of wanting.

I've also written the bulk of my children's play and you know what? FUN! Like an A+ in fun. Fun, Fun, Fun. I have had to physically restrain myself from needing to find the emotional dark past that led the dragons to evil fire-breathing ways but other than that, it has been … oh, what was the word again … FUN! Yes, there we go.

I'm now working on the next draft of Good World which is proving to be quite the little bitch play. But I persevere.

But that's not even the greatest part of being here. The greatest part of being here is … I FEEL FANTASTIC! And in light of that, everything else means shit.

No comments: