Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Wash up

I am back now in the land of the living and re-entry has been manic. I came from the lovely ocean on Sunday night and I walked into my house and it all looked wrong. It looked like a miniature version of my house. I don't know how else to explain it. I spent a couple of minutes going 'Oh this is my kitchen, this is my coffee table, oh look, there is my boyfriend' but now I seem to be on this active kick. I can't stop moving. Which is not good for the writing. Need to get it out of my system and get back to the desk because time is tick-tocking away and oh my god … is it already May? Time to get moving along.

The washup from the mini-retreat was about 80 pages of the new screenplay and thus a finished first draft, about 30 pages of the new children's play, about 20 pages of a new play called The Twist of the Grave, a new 10 minute play called Morning Millicent, 4 books read and I lost about 7 kilos. Not bad? You betcha. Have to go and see about 25 theatre shows in the next few weeks and I have to think about returning to the day job. My lordy, good thing I am feeling so active.

No comments: