Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Body bashing

I have taken myself off to the beach for a few weeks to get my groove back. And so far, so good. It's amazing what a couple of body bashes in the ocean can do for the soul.

Took me a couple of days to settle in but so far I have written about 23 pages of my screenplay, have started work on a new play, and have read The Gathering by Anne Enright which was fabulous. I have also taken my poor uncared for body on some long walks on the beach and am generally having fun doing not much at all.

Of course for this privilege I had to engage with the family for a couple of days in brisvegas which was, you know, enough for me to know why I live two states away.

My new play is a children's play – yes, I know, what the … (can't swear in children's plays which is quite offputting) and it is unabashedly commercial and hopefully will earn me at least a few dollars. So far it has fairies, dragons, and a girl with a firm attachment to a whistle. How can this not be a winner?

I have also started reading The Raw Shark Texts by Stephen Hall which is fabulously whacked and has me with a confused and intrigued look on my face as I read it.

And that is all the news fit to print.

No comments: