Thursday, April 10, 2008

Unemployed and loving it

Well, I had two mental health days off from work on Tuesday and Wednesday from the crappy cash job and was told late yesterday afternoon not to come back. I mean it's only a temp job and they ARE allowed to fire me within the hour but still that's freaking brutal. Good thing I HATED the job and didn't want to go back and my mood has gone from my life is slipping away from me and I will never achieve anything I want to - to - WOO HOO! Life is great and all is well with everything if only I could solve the Tibet problem.

On my mental health days I was working on rewrites of Good World which I'm hoping to have a new draft done by Monday. And on both my mental health days it was like pulling teeth – I couldn't find a way in, I didn't think I knew these characters and it all seemed a little much. But then last night sans job it all started to happen. I started writing some new scenes and I gave them a new space to work in and things started to get going.

Good World is about two sisters who have succumbed to their fear and how they can turn terror into fear and then fear back into hope. The first draft turned out a lot funnier than I thought it would which I really liked. This draft is looking a lot darker but I'm hoping I can keep some of the humour. Onwards and upwards people.

No comments: