Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mad woman works

When I'm not sleeping, I'm working like a mad woman. I got the first scene of Good World down and while I haven't read it in a couple of days, of course it's perfect and wonderful and the best thing I've ever done. I'm also feverishly working on a one-act play to finish by tomorrow to send off for yet another competition. It's called Chalk St Express. I originally wrote it as a ten-minute play but it kept wanting to be more and as much as I tried to beat it into submission, it would do nothing but laugh at me. So now, I'm letting it have its wanton way and be as long as it wants to be, as long as it's not over 40 minutes. I'm hoping to get it about 30 minutes. There are a lot of monologues in it which I'm trying to stop. I have it hard wired into my brain by god knows who that lots of monologues are a lazy attempt to get exposition across. Anyone else been told this?

I battle on.

No comments: