Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Important information

Okay. Here's a tip for all you newbie playwrights out there. Are you ready? This is great advice so you might want to sit down. Are you already sitting down? Don't get too comfortable. This is important. I don't want you nodding off halfway through. Do you have a drink? Do you want a drink? Do you have a drinking problem? I don't want to give out this advice and have you forget it because you have one too many Bacardi and cokes. Do people still Bacardi and coke? I used to drink Bacardi and coke and then vomit everything from my ribcage down. I'm getting away from the point. Here's my tip … When you start something, finish it. Don't start it, think I don't know where I'm going so I might just stop for a while and do something else OR I'm halfway through a draft of a play but I have a publishing contract for another play and I need to get this play perfect because I don't want to sit down with my published play in a couple of years and DIE OF HUMILIATION … just as an example. Start it, finish it. Trust me, you are going to save yourself a lot of angst.

Also, I really hate summer.

That is all.

No comments: