Thursday, June 25, 2009

Story

Well, Mr McKee and his 30 hours of story was quite the experience. It was good. I wasn't expecting it to be so helpful especially with writing plays but I have been getting down to it since I finished and it is changing the very way I write. Which makes me sound like I was brainwashed or something and maybe I was but I've been working on New Light Shine for the last two days and while I thought I had an outline and I knew what I was doing … turns out I had a half a scrap of an idea and three characters that were sort of worked out.

Well … all that has now changed. It feels like I'm doing less work each day but it's a gathering process and the whole foundations of the play have now changed and are now cementing themselves into place.

I hate to say it … but I am a convert. Mr MrKee, Sir, I worship at your altar.

I know … I make myself sick too.

No comments: