Saturday, July 5, 2008

Socks off

I've spent the last few days chilling with my thoughts. Getting ideas, thinking about new stuff, getting the imagination spinning and whizzing and doing its thing again. I've also been spending time taking notes and making plans for the next (and hopefully final draft) of One Cloud. I'm off this afternoon to get some feedback from the reader that didn't like one thing about it all. So, naturally, I'm taking many bottles of wine to get me through it.

Last night I worked on my children's play and got some great ideas for a new draft which opens it up and gives me more characters and more of a 'magical' feel. I know what that means. It's a good thing. You can trust me on that. I also wrote half of a monologue for a 16 year old girl, which was about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Can't wait to get back to it. But now it's off to pilates and then off to my feedback session and hopefully I get something to inspire me to write my socks off.

No comments: