Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lions and dogs

So, I decided to be an adult, and tell my reviewer that hated my play, that yes, I did want her feedback and I want to know why you think it sucks. Are you crazy or does this play actually suck? Once you think of the question, it becomes very important to know the answer.

I spent a lovely afternoon with new research for the play yesterday and a new notebook and the process began again. But I'm actually looking forward to it and think that it's going to be a better play for all the criticism and work … well, one can only hope, can't one? But I do have an all-encompassing feeling that this play WILL BE NAILED! Can't deny the passion there.

I also came up with the start of a plan for a new play which I think will be a long one-act. I see it around about the hour mark. It's a man and a woman, and a dog that has gone missing. I think the man killed the dog. I don't know why but I think he fed it to lions. He is a lion tamer after all. That makes sense right? But here's a question for you – would a dog put up any fight against a lion? It's going to have to be a big dog. I think I want the sounds of a fight in the background. It's a metaphor people. It's all one big metaphor.

No comments: