Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just when you thought …

Ah, just when you think you've got me in your grasp, I slip out of the noose and call FREEDOM! Don't think you own me. You don't. But I do kinda like you all and think you're kinda fab and cool in a way I could never hope for. Don't have the hair for it.

But in the ongoing saga that has become bleeding the suck from my life, things have taken a somewhat turn for the better. Let me explain.

  1. I have a new play on. It's called Sophie in the Water. It's on in New Jersey. Everyone involved in it so far seem to be those people that I aspire to be like – dedicated, talented, enthusiastic. SUPER UN-SUCKFUL!


     

  2. I made 17 submissions of my work yesterday to various places in the US of A. This involved a week of writing, tweaking, and retyping a whole heap of short plays. Suckful? Me. Never.


     

  3. I have a week off from day job this week. That alone is reason to look confused whenever anyone says the word suck. I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you having some sort of fit? Should I call someone?


     

  4. I have lists upon lists of things I want to get done this week in my week off. I have been madly slicing through it and using a pink highlighter to emphasise my lack of suck.


     

  5. I'm nearly ready to write the next draft of New Light Shine. I know, I know. Just finish the fucker. But I've been making notes, so many notes, and this play is truly going to rock. I know it, I just bloody know it.


     

  6. Pink highlighters rock. I have two new ones that I mercilessly stole from day job. WONDROUSLY UNSUCKFUL!


     

So there you have it. Suck-O-Meter not exactly at 0 but suck is definitely looking like it doesn't really belong here.


 


 

No comments: