Sunday, May 17, 2009

This week

This week seems to have gone by in a blur of day job, packing boxes at day job, writing an application, packing more boxes, pretending to care when my workmates spend forty-five minutes talking about hair colour and other life things.

However, the work continues. I have done my application and sent it off. Yesterday, I typed up the rest of Act One of Cut for Stone and finished the outline for my first short film script. Seriously, the rocking that I am doing is practically tipping the boat over.

I've been leaving for work 45 minutes earlier and writing at a café near work. Not only am I becoming one of those people that are so disciplined they should have a permanent scowl and a ruler, I am also not letting day job overwhelm everything else. Another thing that is helping is that the other half tried to "fix" the remote control and actually broke the crap out of it. TV watching has become difficult and frustrating. Much easier to get off the couch and go do some work. I should congratulate him but I won't. Treat em mean and all that.

No comments: