Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day One

Well, the great 31plays31days challenge has begun! And while it got off to a rocky start for your favourite fearless playwright … Fine, I'm not so fearless, but … No, I have nothing. Anyway, first play is written! It doesn't have a title and it's eight pages long and most of it was written in a notebook that I bought yesterday, because you can't write 31 plays in 31 days with the millions of notebooks that you already own. No. This requires a new notebook. There are rules, people.

So, it's a short play that has a beginning, middle and also an end and is based on a news article I read yesterday about a man that lured a woman into a car by telling her that a man was following her. And she believed him. And then he sexually assaulted her. I wanted to riff on what he must have said to get in the car, and I did, and now we have a play.

On to day two!

No comments: