Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yale Drama Series Award

About a week ago, at about 7.30am, just as I was getting ready to get on a plane to go to Sydney, I got a phone call.

On the other end of the phone was a very nice man who very calmly told me that I had won the Yale Drama Series Award for 2011.

This lovely, lovely man also remained very calm when I started shouting things like "OH MY GOD!" and "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" and "I THINK I NEED TO SIT DOWN" which is all I managed to get my brain to say for the ten minutes we were on the phone.

This is the announcement in the New York Times:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/22/australian-playwright-wins-yale-drama-series-award/

"I'M REALLY HAPPY" is about all I'm managing to say at this point but it doesn't come close. I'm thinking I'm going to have to spend some time inventing new words like superridiculamazahappy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Shannon,

congratulations, I am VP at Jean Doumanian Productions in NYC (August:Osage County, The Book of Mormon, When The Rain Stops Falling) , I would love for you to get in touch.

pdaly@jeandoumanian.com

Best,

Patrick